If you own a truck, are thinking of owning a truck or are just curious what it takes to be in the biz, here is a little light reading to get you on your way.
The first step to starting your own food truck business is to find a truck. Then you have to build it, wrap it, L&I it, and all the other million details to get you and your tasty food on the road. Here’s some info to get you started.
Where to find a truck:
- Evergreen Ford – access to multiple auctions and extremely knowledgeable of food truck requirements.
- Portland Food Trailers – experts from the Portland, OR area
- Craigslist - lots of used trucks, carts, and ability to search out of state if needed.
- Drive around town and look for For Sale signs (we see them all the time!)
Building Your Truck:
- Advantage Mobile Repair – 206-369-5431
- Allied Body Works - 625 S. 96th St., Seattle 98108, 206-763-7811. Email.
- AMC-Cliffv’s Marine Services - refrigeration services for carts and all size trucks. Located next to the Ballard Bridge, 4501 Shilshole Ave. NW, 206-548-1306, nwmarineair.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- AutoTize.com – Custom vinyl truck wraps and signs, email@example.com, 866-333-4321
- Baxter Morrison – Hollywood set designer with an expert eye for truck design. 503-964-0079
- BIGink (truck wrap) - Tina Houmann
- B-Squared Construction Inc. – Full service commercial general contractor based in W. Seattle. Complete food truck renovations, repairs & equipment installations of any kind as well as new truck construction. Highly experienced in the complete process of food truck design, permitting & installations. 206.687.7134 or firstname.lastname@example.org & ask for David or Mike.
- Medsker Refrigeration – 1121 S. Dawson St., Seattle, 206-763-2474, email@example.com
- Fleury’s Auto Body Shop – 1484 NW 90th St, Ballard, 206-789-6930
- NW Mobile Kitchens – Food Truck Builders & Designers. (503) 704-2450, www.nwmobilekitchens.com. The Northwest’s most experienced
Food Truck Builders (Danielle Custer’s Monte Cristo, My Chef Lynn, Big Ass Sandwiches). L&I Plans prepared and approved every time.
- Northwest Restaurant Services - We offer a variety of services such as repair, maintenance of hot and cold side equipment as well as installation. We can travel to your location or you can bring your truck to our shop. Give us a call at 206-362-4114 or email us or visit us on the web. http://www.nwrestaurantservices.com/ or firstname.lastname@example.org
- R&T Hood and Duct Sevices, Inc. - fire systems/extinguishers
- Skilfab Sheet Metal Company – full service commercial metal contractor based in Snoqualmie. “Truck” division offers complete food truck renovations & equipment installations, food truck design, permitting, and custom installation. Phone (425) 831-5555. Ask for Dan or email at email@example.com.
- Speedpro Imaging – Custom truck wraps & graphics, firstname.lastname@example.org , 206.257.4717
- Superior Auto Service - 4333 Leary Way NW 206-782-6474
- VinylAttraction - Offering a wide range of fleet graphic and business printing services in the North Seattle/Shoreline area. 19906 Aurora Ave N, Shoreline, WA, 206-774-9826, email email@example.com
- WrapJax - Truck wraps. http://www.wrapjax.com/
- Bell-Anderson Insurance – A local resource for local trucks! Located in Renton, WA – 425-291-5239 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Farmers Insurance, Praveen Nair - 33305 1st Way S Ste B206, Federal Way, WA 98003-4554, 253-835-1335 (Office), 253-874-1281 (Fax) email@example.com http://www.farmersagent.com/pnair
- InsureMyFoodTrailer.com – Affordable Insurance Made Easy! (800) 985-7859, Twitter: @FoodTrailerIns, 12600 Hill Country Blvd. Suite R-275, Austin, TX 78738
- InsureMyFoodTruck.com - Protecting you is how we roll! 800-647-2025,
- Red Shield Insurance Company - Insuring the Food Cart Industry for over 15 years.
- Top Notch Insurance - Robert Rashidi 206-264-6267 ext. 101
- Essential Benefits - Providing hospitality industry professionals, their employees and families access to affordable health insurance in both individual and group formats. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or to book a free 30 minute consultation, please click Essential Benefits.
- A&J Commissary – Commercial Kitchen, secure parking, propane sales
- Ballard Kitchen - Commercial Kitchen
- Creative Kitchen Works, LLC - Commercial Kitchen
- KBM - West Seattle Commercial Kitchen
King County Street Food Legislation
- Catering and home food-based business permitting information.
- SDOT Street Use Vending Permits – City of Seattle
NOTE: These services are not endorsed by SeattleFoodTruck.com. We are simply providing a list of possible resources. As always, do your research, trust your gut, and get EVERYTHING in writing!
Did we miss something? Are you a vendor that caters to trucks? Want to be listed or run an ad? LET US KNOW!