If you own a truck, are thinking of owning a truck or are just curious what it takes to be in the biz, here is a little light reading to get you on your way.
The first step to starting your own food truck business is to find a truck. Then you have to build it, wrap it, L&I it, and all the other million details to get you and your tasty food on the road. Here’s some info to get you started.
Where to find a truck:
- Evergreen Ford – access to multiple auctions and extremely knowledgeable of food truck requirements.
- Portland Food Trailers – experts from the Portland, OR area
- Craigslist - lots of used trucks, carts, and ability to search out of state if needed.
- Drive around town and look for For Sale signs (we see them all the time!)
Building Your Truck:
- Advantage Mobile Repair – 206-369-5431
- Allied Body Works - 625 S. 96th St., Seattle 98108, 206-763-7811. Email.
- AMC-Cliffv’s Marine Services - refrigeration services for carts and all size trucks. Located next to the Ballard Bridge, 4501 Shilshole Ave. NW, 206-548-1306, nwmarineair.com, email email@example.com
- AutoTize.com – Custom vinyl truck wraps and signs, firstname.lastname@example.org, 866-333-4321
- Baxter Morrison – Hollywood set designer with an expert eye for truck design. 503-964-0079
- BIGink (truck wrap) - Tina Houmann
- B-Squared Construction Inc. – Full service commercial general contractor based in W. Seattle. Complete food truck renovations, repairs & equipment installations of any kind as well as new truck construction. Highly experienced in the complete process of food truck design, permitting & installations. 206.687.7134 or email@example.com & ask for David or Mike.
- Medsker Refrigeration – 1121 S. Dawson St., Seattle, 206-763-2474, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fleury’s Auto Body Shop – 1484 NW 90th St, Ballard, 206-789-6930
- NW Mobile Kitchens – Food Truck Builders & Designers. (503) 704-2450, www.nwmobilekitchens.com. The Northwest’s most experienced
Food Truck Builders (Danielle Custer’s Monte Cristo, My Chef Lynn, Big Ass Sandwiches). L&I Plans prepared and approved every time.
- Pacific Mobile Kitchens - Full service food truck outfitting and upgrading shop located in Bremerton, WA. We work with most any budget, low or high. Highly experience with all the steps of starting a food truck business in Seattle and elsewhere. We assist in design, L&I certification, menu planning, and more!
- R&T Hood and Duct Sevices, Inc. - fire systems/extinguishers
- Skilfab Sheet Metal Company – full service commercial metal contractor based in Snoqualmie. “Truck” division offers complete food truck renovations & equipment installations, food truck design, permitting, and custom installation. Phone (425) 831-5555. Ask for Dan or email at email@example.com.
- Speedpro Imaging – Custom truck wraps & graphics, firstname.lastname@example.org , 206.257.4717
- Superior Auto Service - 4333 Leary Way NW 206-782-6474
- VinylAttraction - Offering a wide range of fleet graphic and business printing services in the North Seattle/Shoreline area. 19906 Aurora Ave N, Shoreline, WA, 206-774-9826, email email@example.com
- WrapJax - Truck wraps. http://www.wrapjax.com/
- Bell-Anderson Insurance – A local resource for local trucks! Located in Renton, WA – 425-291-5239 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Farmers Insurance, Praveen Nair - 33305 1st Way S Ste B206, Federal Way, WA 98003-4554, 253-835-1335 (Office), 253-874-1281 (Fax) email@example.com http://www.farmersagent.com/pnair
- InsureMyFoodTrailer.com – Affordable Insurance Made Easy! (800) 985-7859, Twitter: @FoodTrailerIns, 12600 Hill Country Blvd. Suite R-275, Austin, TX 78738
- InsureMyFoodTruck.com - Protecting you is how we roll! 800-647-2025,
- Red Shield Insurance Company - Insuring the Food Cart Industry for over 15 years.
- Top Notch Insurance - Robert Rashidi 206-264-6267 ext. 101
- A&J Commissary – Commercial Kitchen, secure parking, propane sales
- Ballard Kitchen - Commercial Kitchen
- Creative Kitchen Works, LLC - Commercial Kitchen
- KBM - West Seattle Commercial Kitchen
King County Street Food Legislation
- Catering and home food-based business permitting information.
- SDOT Street Use Vending Permits – City of Seattle
NOTE: These services are not endorsed by SeattleFoodTruck.com. We are simply providing a list of possible resources. As always, do your research, trust your gut, and get EVERYTHING in writing!
Did we miss something? Are you a vendor that caters to trucks? Want to be listed or run an ad? LET US KNOW!