So you’re out on the street, but how do people find you? Social Media is where it’s at for the restaurant on wheels community, which means you should be there too.
Social Media Networks:
- Twitter - “microblogging”. Tell people where you are in 140 characters or less.
- Facebook – create a business page. You should be there.
- Instragram – picture sharing. Can also cross-post on Twitter and Facebook.
- Foodspotting – Share pics of your food.
- FourSquare – Location-based sharing.
Mobile apps and websites you might want to think about:
- ChowNow – Custom, branded ordering tools for mobile, Facebook, and web. Your customers can order through your Facebook page, and more! Call for details: 808-707-2469
- EatSt. – website, tv show and mobile app for iphone
- Foodspotting – website and mobile app for iphone, android, windows & blackberry
- Instagram – post photos on the go. mobile app for iphone and android.
- Roaming Hunger – website and mobile app for iphone
- StreetEats - mobile app for iphone
- Yelp - website and mobile app for iphone and android
Websites to help your online efforts:
- Hootsuite – schedule your social media posts
- WordPress.com – Free website creation and hosting, easy to update
- WordPress.org – Templates and techy guide to making a WordPress-based website
- GoDaddy.com – get a domain name (www.yourtruck.com) and website hosting
Places street food is covered in the media:
- Voracious column on the Seattle Weekly blog -
- Nosh Pit column on the Seattle Met website
- West Seattle Blog – neighborhood blog
- CHS Capitol Hill Seattle Blog – neighborhood blog
- My Ballard - neighborhood blog
NOTE: These services are not endorsed by SeattleFoodTruck.com. We are simply providing a list of possible resources. As always, do your research, trust your gut, and get EVERYTHING in writing!
Did we miss something? Are you a vendor that caters to trucks? Want to be listed or run an ad? LET US KNOW!