A few months ago we were at a local food truck, enjoying a fabulous meal … and lamenting the fact that the only thing we were missing was a frosty adult beverage. The truck gods must have heard our cries because there are now a multitude of locations where you can not only enjoy your favorite mobile dishes, but can also wash them down with some of the best libations the Northwest has to offer!
Here’s where to find them:
Chuck’s Hop Shop
656 Northwest 85th St, Seattle
One of the best stops for beer and food. Not only does this spiffed up convenience store offer a HUGE selection of bottled beers, wines and ciders, but the taps aren’t too shabby either. Bring your growler and take home your favorite.
Trucks very week to week, so check the lineup on their website. Some of the latest have been:
- Seattle Biscuit Co. – Sundays, 11 am. – 4 pm.
- Boungu KenKen Haitian Food – Tuesdays, 4 pm. – 9 pm. (variable)
- Urban Nomad – Wednesdays, 4 pm. – 9 pm.
- Caravan Crepes - Thursdays, 4 pm. – 9 pm.
- The Grilled Cheese Experience – Fridays, 4 pm. – 9 pm. (Chopstix will be filling in for them this week)
- The Jerk Station – Saturdays, 4 pm. – 9 pm.
1406 Northwest 53rd St, Seattle
One of the newest spots on the food truck lineup, Reuben’s Brews is hosting the Seattle Biscuit Co. on Fridays from 4 pm. – 8 pm. Because what goes better with biscuits and gravy than a beer?
Then on Thursdays you can get your fill of cheesy goodness (no pun intended) with The Cheese Wizards, 4:30 pm. – 8 pm.
Black Raven Brewing
14679 NE 95th St, Redmond
Black Raven has been on the lineup of many a food truck. Their great beers and super comfy tap room make it a perfect weekend stop. Trucks are there almost every night. Check the schedule before you go, but the current lineup is:
- Big House BBQ – Tuesdays, 4 pm. – 8 pm.
- Happy Hot Dogs – Wednesdays and Thursdays, 4 pm. – 8 pm.
- The Box OR Wiseguy Italian Street Food – Fridays, 4 pm. – 8 pm.
- My Chef Lynn – Saturdays, 3 pm. – 7 pm.
- Los Chilangos – Sundays, noon – 5 pm.
Add to your calendar:
- Matthew’s Estate Winery, Woodinville - The Box is a regular at their musical events
- Two Beers Brewing, SoDo - Food Truck Fridays all summer
- Elysian Brewing Pumpkin Beer Fest, in Georgetown, mid-October
- Chateau Ste Michelle, Woodinville has a fabulous food truck “Staycation” on Labor Day weekend
- KISS FM Cinco de Mayo Taco Truck Challenge (with tequilla, of course! in May)
- Here and There Grill has made appearances at American Brewing in Edmonds
- AND it’s rumored that the Milkman’s Daughter truck is delivering cheese plates to area wineries … though we haven’t quite tracked them down yet.
Unfortunately we don’t have a Seattle version of Captured by Porches (Portland’s awesome beer truck) quite yet … but we can keep hoping!
View the SeattleFoodTruck.com Beer and Trucks map in a larger window.